The pain has overwhelmed me,
Rusty nails screeching into my skull,
until the numbness has corroded the rust away.
Glass shards slithering into my skin,
until the callus has rendered them smithereens.
the pain has overwhelmed me,
until pain's become a part of me.
The six strings have lost my interest in them,
or is it music altogether.
Meaningless objects are now hypnotic,
as my gaze freezes without reason.
My mind's left my body
and eloped with the subconscious.
Togetherness has been denied,
The estrangement is a torture;
Spoken words are just spoken words now
and mean nothing more.
Rage doesn't dwell within,
Regret is denied lodging too.
The feeling is not difficult to describe.
It's just that the attempt is futile.
Rejuvenation began for me
When I cast out denial.
I'm no drunk with a bottle,
nor the emotional fool.
Teardrops haven't painted my canvas,
but the picture still remains.
The rust needs to be removed
and the shards picked up,
The splinters cannot be avoided
so all I can do is pick and remove
One by one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice One!
Post a Comment